Saturday, April 25th
We are happy to accept donations online! Thank You!
View an audit of the FINANCIAL STATEMENTS WITH INDEPENDENT AUDITOR'S REPORT - click here (*.PDF, 126Kb) Posted 12/30/13
ABOUT AVFD - We provide emergency medical, fire and rescue services to 9,000 residents, an industrial park, 57 businesses, four schools and four marinas within 68 square miles in the northeastern region of Anderson County.
Our district includes I-75 between mile markers 118 and 126. We service U.S. Hwy. 441 from the Knox County line to Norris Dam, and State Highway 61 from the Clinton City limits to the Union County line. Communities within that service area include Andersonville, Belmont, Gooseneck, Glen Alpine, Brushy Valley, Hickory Valley and Hines Creek. Our Automatic Aid response commitments with neighboring departments covers 258 square miles, including other parts of Anderson County and portions of Union and Knox counties.
We provide these services from Station 1, 1957 Mountain Road, Andersonville, TN, and Station 2, 203 Mountain View Road, Heiskell, TN. A third station is under construction in the Belmont Community at the site of the former Belmont Community Park and Belmont School.
In addition to fighting fires and providing emergency medical services, AVFD also provides the following services:
- Developing Pre-Fire Plans for businesses that detail each specific business and all necessary information useful for firefighter response, including manager or owner contact numbers;
- Checking homes and businesses for possible hazards related to warning signals from carbon monoxide detectors or other alarms, damaging storms or suspicious odors;
- Installing free smoke detectors provided by the FEMA;
- Rescuing children or pets locked in rooms or cars, and people trapped in elevators;
- Handling utility shut-off during emergencies;
- Testing the community's more than 250 fire hydrants on a regular basis;
- Providing safety presentations to your neighborhood, school, church, civic group or business;
- Teaching CPR classes;
- Providing free blood pressure screenings at community events;
- Conducting an annual Kids Firefighter Camp for ages 7-14.